About the Freihofer's Run for Women
Freihofer's, a leading baker of wholesome products, is committed to fostering the growth and recognition of women in sports and inspiring all generations of women to experience the benefits of exercise and good nutrition. That's why we're proud to sponsor the annual Freihofer's Run for Women 5K -- one of the world's largest and most prestigious all-female road races.
The 38th edition will take place, for the second year, at our new and improved venue in the shadow of the NY State Capitol and City Hall in the heart of downtown Albany. The new venue features improved access, better parking, a more spacious start and a gradual downhill finish surrounded by beautiful urban parks making it one of the most picturesque anywhere.
Thousands of women of all ages and abilities will compete alongside many of the country’s greatest long distance runners. In addition to the Women's 5k, the weekend events include a Health & Fitness Expo and a Kids Run series including the Freihofer’s Junior 3k.
It's not just a competition. It's a celebration of women, family, fitness and fun!. Come experience the thrill of a lifetime at the Freihofer's Run for Women in Albany, NY on June 4, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.
Check out the Freihofer's Run on these other sites:
- Competitor Names Freihofer's Run One of 25 Iconic Races in the US
- APD Announces Security Measures for May 30 Freihofer's Run for Women
- Fairchild to Take Run at Second Freihofer's Run for Women 5K Masters Title in Albany, NY on 5/30/15
- Freihofer’s Run for Women 5k Announces New, Improved Course For 2015/2016 Events
- Registration Open for the 37th Annual Freihofer's Run for Women
- George Regan Named to Hudson Mohawk Road Runners Club Hall of Fame