Freihofer’s Run for Women 5K
Saturday, June 1, 9 a.m.
The 41st edition will take place in the shadow of the NY State Capitol and City Hall in the heart of downtown Albany. The new venue features improved access, better parking, a more spacious start and a gradual downhill finish surrounded by beautiful urban parks making it one of the most picturesque anywhere
2019 will be the 106th anniversary of the Freihofer’s Baking Company, founded in 1913 by the Freihofer brothers in Troy, NY. The Freihofer’s Baking Company has been dedicated to delivering baked goods with the freshest and purest ingredients to their customers.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No strollers or pets allowed.
ONLINE ENTRY (Enter online and save!):
Online registration closes the Tuesday prior to the race at 11:59 p.m.
- First 500 registrants – $25
- Registered by 3/18 – $30
- Registered by 4/14 – $35
- Registered by May 29 – $40
- Last Chance Registration 6/1 – $45
PAPER ENTRY FORM:
If you would like a paper entry to print out and mail in please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of a paper entry is $40 as we need to process these manually.
IN-PERSON/LAST CHANCE ENTRY:
Please see the Event Schedule page.
Running tends to be an individual sport, however Freihofer’s Run for Women offers individuals the unique opportunity to run as a member of a team. Growing in popularity, last year over 300 teams entered. Share the fun and camaraderie!
Each participant may only register as part of one team.
Team Categories include:
- Mother/Daughter (consisting of two team members)
- Sister/Sister (consisting of two team members)
- Grandmother/mother/daughter (consisting only of three team members)
- Great Grandmother/grandmother/mother/daughter (consisting of 4 team members)
- High School Teams (consisting of five team members)
- USATF Club Teams (consisting of five team members)*
- Family & Friends (consisting of five or more team members)
- Corporate Teams (consisting of five or more team members – see link for description)
*In order to qualify for USATF Club Team Prize Money, you must be a member of a Club team that is currently registered and in good standing with USA Track & Field.
NOTE: For all team categories members must be registered individually.
Please see the Event Schedule page for time and location
Age group awards are 14 and under and then 5 year groups to 90+.
The bands we have on tap are:
Funk Evolution 10:15-11, 11:30-1:30 Main Stage
Band of Gold On the Course
We hope you stick around!