Albany Police Department/Freihofer's Run for Women Announce Security Measures for 39th Freihofer's Run for Women on Saturday, June 3
ALBANY, N.Y. (May 31, 2017) — In order to enhance the Freihofer’s Run for Women experience and expedite race day proceedings, the Albany Police Department and race organizers would like to inform participants and spectators that the following security measures will be in place for the 39th Freihofer’s Run for Women 5K on Saturday, June 3.
- Backpacks/coolers/duffle bags/large purses, etc. will not be permitted at the race venue. All camera bags and small non-see through articles will be subject to search, including diaper bags.
- Anything brought on site, including runners’ items for FRW bag-check, must be transported in a clear plastic bag for easy inspection. Clear plastic bags will be available at the Freihofer’s Health & Fitness Expo at The Armory at Sage College of Albany-- https://www.sage.edu/event/freihofers-run-women-health-fitness-expo/
- No animals, dogs or domestic pets (with the exception of service dogs) will be allowed on site.
- All 5K participants should be on site by 8:20 a.m. for the 9 a.m. start.
- Non-runners are not allowed in the start/finish chute during the event
“The safety of race participants, spectators, volunteers and residents remains our top priority,” said acting Albany Police Chief Robert Sears.
Toward that end, the APD is asking race participants, spectators and residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity. Anyone who sees suspicious activity is asked to call the event’s tips line at (518) 300-0570.
Media calls regarding event security should be directed to the APD at (518) 889-9446.
Freihofer's®, a leading baker of delicious products, is committed to fostering the growth and recognition of women in sports and inspiring all generations of women to experience the benefits of exercise and nutritious eating. Freihofer's continues to set the pace by sponsoring the annual Freihofer's Run for Women 5K. Now in its 39th year, the event is home to the Master's World Best & U.S. All-Comers record of 15:48 set in 2004 by Colleen DeReuck and features thousands of women from recreational joggers to Olympians who challenge themselves on the picturesque 3.1-mile course. For more information, visit freihofersrun.com.